Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:26 AM   #1
Jollocks
macrumors newbie

Microsoft keyboard problems.

Hey, I recently purchased a Microsoft comfort keyboard 3000. I use this on a 21.5' iMac (June 2010 model), And, I noticed that my @ sign, and my apostrophe key, have switched, just like on the apple keyboard, and I can't use my Hash key (it comes out as a backslash). I've checked on the Microsoft website for any driver information, and all their is, warranty information & a product guide. I'm going to go ahead and check the product guide for any enlightenment on this topic. I'll keep you guys posted.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions, would be appreicated.

Thanks, Joel.

----------

Just checked the product guide, no insight their. The link to the keyboard is:http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...-keyboard-3000
Jollocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 07:11 PM   #2
Makosuke
macrumors 603

Assuming that you have the latest version of Microsoft's keyboard software installed (Intellitype, I think it's called), there are two possibilities I can think of off hand.

One is that the keyboard preference is set to do some kind of swapping--check the preference pane to make sure. I know their driver has a pref to switch the Windows and Alt keys to the standard Mac order for Command and Option, so it might have something similar.

The second is to check what keyboard layout you have selected in the Language & Text preference pane. It's possible that it's defaulted to a keyboard layout different from the one you've got--for example, UK instead of US--which you can see in the Input Sources tab. If you don't have the input menu in the Menu Bar turned on, you wouldn't normally notice this.

I know I've used that trick to get the keys to be where I expected them for touch typing on a Japanese keyboard by setting it to UK.
Makosuke is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help