Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:48 AM   #1
dhtlarmon
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
iCloud and text messaging via icloud.com

I have an iphone with no iCloud app installed. If I install the iCloud app, will that give the option to read text messages via icloud.com? Or is it just to store and retreive from a backup?
dhtlarmon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:00 PM   #2
chenks
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhtlarmon View Post
I have an iphone with no iCloud app installed. If I install the iCloud app, will that give the option to read text messages via icloud.com? Or is it just to store and retreive from a backup?
there is no such thing as "icloud app"
chenks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:02 PM   #3
dhtlarmon
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenks View Post
there is no such thing as "icloud app"
Sorry for my newbness. Is there a way to read texts sent to icloud via the webinterface at icloud.com?
dhtlarmon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:03 PM   #4
chenks
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhtlarmon View Post
Is there a way to read texts sent to icloud via the webinterface at icloud.com?
no
chenks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:54 PM   #5
Small White Car
macrumors G4
 
Small White Car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Washington DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhtlarmon View Post
Sorry for my newbness. Is there a way to read texts sent to icloud via the webinterface at icloud.com?
There are no such thing as "texts sent to icloud."

If you go to iCloud.com on a computer you'll see email, contacts, calendar, Find my Phone, and iWork.

Are you talking about email?
Small White Car is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 02:07 PM   #6
ct2k7
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida / UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
There are no such thing as "texts sent to icloud."

If you go to iCloud.com on a computer you'll see email, contacts, calendar, Find my Phone, and iWork.

Are you talking about email?
or iMessage?
ct2k7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 05:58 PM   #7
sweetpeet
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
I wish you could text from the icloud.com. it'd be nice when restoring, updating, etc.
sweetpeet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2012, 05:07 AM   #8
macbookflasher
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Send a message via Skype™ to macbookflasher
icould

icould has not this feature I think. Am I right guys?
macbookflasher is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restored an iPhone from backup that had iCloud. Now 2nd phone cannot turn off iCloud. NeonTrees123 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Oct 20, 2014 06:57 PM
1Password 4 Detailed for Mac, Adds iCloud Syncing, Encrypted Messaging and Custom Fields MacRumors Mac Blog Discussion 122 Sep 2, 2013 11:15 AM
Text Edit and iCloud morphius111 OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 5 Oct 13, 2012 04:00 AM
Change iCloud mail account associated w/ iCloud ID? (Note: not the actual iCloud ID) Mad Mac Maniac iCloud and Apple Services 5 Oct 2, 2012 01:10 PM
Possible to get text messages from iCloud? BenPink iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 1 Jun 23, 2012 05:58 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC