Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TunkTunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
Hey there Mac players. I am sure some of you were upset to find out when Civ V updated a few days ago to 1.0.1.511 Mac players could no longer play with PC users, well worry no more, here is the fix for you! =)

Note: Please back up your Civ V folder before hand incase anything goes wrong, but it won't :)

First open up the info.plist located here:
/User/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/sid meier's civilization v/Civilization V/Package Contents (Right Click it to see that option)/Contents/Info.plist

Next find the following options:
Get info String
FiraxisBuildString
Version with build string

Double click each and change the values to the following:
Get info String: 1.0.1.511
FiraxisBuildString: 262623
Version with build string: 1.0.1.511

Click file up the top and hit save.
Now close that all up and launch your game and enjoy some multiplayer cross-platform =)

Note: I have played two games so far with my brother who is PC, and I was on Mac.
We completed both games with no crashes or problems.

Enjoy!
=)

If you like check out my totally unrelated Music Youtube channel (hehehe) Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/user/LazyBucksMusic

Aj77

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2011
UK
Hey there Mac players. I am sure some of you were upset to find out when Civ V updated a few days ago to 1.0.1.511 Mac players could no longer play with PC users, well worry no more, here is the fix for you! =)

Note: Please back up your Civ V folder before hand incase anything goes wrong, but it won't :)

First open up the info.plist located here:
/User/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/sid meier's civilization v/Civilization V/Package Contents (Right Click it to see that option)/Contents/Info.plist

Next find the following options:
Get info String
FiraxisBuildString
Version with build string

Double click each and change the values to the following:
Get info String: 1.0.1.511
FiraxisBuildString: 262623
Version with build string: 1.0.1.511

Click file up the top and hit save.
Now close that all up and launch your game and enjoy some multiplayer cross-platform =)

Note: I have played two games so far with my brother who is PC, and I was on Mac.
We completed both games with no crashes or problems.

Enjoy!
=)

If you like check out my totally unrelated Music Youtube channel (hehehe) Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/user/LazyBucksMusic

Thank you I tried to join a game on my mcbook but could not join. will try this later

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.