Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Dec 22, 2011, 07:55 PM   #1
whodareswins
macrumors regular

Can you perform batch edits in Aperture?

I cannot figure for the life of me how to preform a batch operation for editing a selection of photos. For example I usually use auto enhance and increase sharpening on all my photos. It would save so much time for me to be able to select a group of photos and click on auto enhance. But when I do it just does one photo.

Any one found out how?
whodareswins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:20 PM   #2
emorydunn
macrumors 6502

You can indeed, although it's a little counter intuitive.

What you do is edit one photo with the adjustments you want to apply to all the photos. Then you click the "Lift Metadata and Adjustments" button down at the bottom of the screen, near the arrow and crop tools and such.

A new window will pop up. You will see some drop down menus and tick boxes. Select the ones you want to copy to the other images.

Now select the photos you want to apply the changes to and click "Stamp Selected Images" and Aperture will apply the changes.

Also, you have discovered the peculiar way in which Aperture does selections. While you can select multiple images you can only make changes to one image at a time, which is denoted by a thicker while outline.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:49 PM   #3
VirtualRain
macrumors 603

Yeah, here's a mini tutorial video...
http://www.apple.com/aperture/how-to/#video-stamp
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:59 AM   #4
MacProDude
macrumors member

I use the lift and stamp method already suggested.

BTW, I think you can also apply certain things on import. Towards upper-right in the import screen, there's a button that lets you add additional modifications to apply to the images being imported. You can also save that as an import preset or default.
MacProDude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:59 PM   #5
whodareswins
macrumors regular

Ecellent!! Thank you very much guys. This will save me a lot of time
whodareswins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2011, 02:19 PM   #6
flosseR
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to flosseR
yes, you can save also as preset and then use it either during import or when you need it for EACH image.. in batch mode only lift and stamp works..

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography