Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 23, 2011, 06:48 AM   #1
zalves
macrumors member

Crash during call

Hi

everyday I'm having my iPhone 4 with iOS5 crashed during a call, it work normally for a few seconds but freezes all the sudden. I have to press the power button for some time and then hold the home button for it to restart Even after the restart it doesn't work properly, like starts call with speaker activated and if I turn it off crashes immediately. Sometimes it seems to work properly. What can I do?

Next phone will be Nokia.... those guys have been doing them since ever.
zalves is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2011, 08:00 AM   #2
Kyotoma
macrumors 68000

Is this your first iPhone?

Anyway, you can correct this by DFU restoring as new. Do not restore from backup, as this might recreate the problem for you.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:50 PM   #3
Jamkas
macrumors member

First thing, before you do a DFU restore as said above, try Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings AND once that is finished Reset Network Settings
Jamkas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:54 PM   #4
blueroom
macrumors 603

It's probably because it's jailbroken. Try running it with 5.0.1 and not jailbroken see if the problem persists.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:57 PM   #5
Crystal-RX
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamkas View Post
First thing, before you do a DFU restore as said above, try Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings AND once that is finished Reset Network Settings
OP, if your phone is jailbroken, please do not do this. Otherwise, your phone will hang.
Crystal-RX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2011, 05:52 PM   #6
zalves
macrumors member

Thanks for the advice,

I will try to reset.

It's not jailbroken, got it from apple store a month ago as a replacement under warranty.
zalves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 08:23 AM   #7
vlad.serban
macrumors newbie

Exactly the same problem.

First it started with some VERY LOUD STATIC, followed by loss in sound in calls (no one can hear me and I couldn't hear them). I could end the call, but the problem persisted if I tried immediately.

After 30-45 minutes the problem disappeared.

NOW, the phone not only is loosing sound in calls but also CRASHES... (only hard-reboot works).

I also notice that the phone is very hot when it is doing this.

iPhone 4, ios 5.0.1 jailbroken. Any ideeas? this doesn't seem to be a software problem, but more of a hardware problem (caused by some "bad" code in iOS 5.0.1.)
vlad.serban is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting