Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ofiaich

macrumors member
May 16, 2008
Hi!

I have one and use it with my iPad, iPod Touch and S-E Arc mobile.

The app could be better but it does the job quite well.

One issue, my iPad is WiFi onlyand, of course, the iPod Touch is. So when I connect the GoFlex Satellite to my iPad, Touch, or Arc, I cannot use the WiFi for any other connection.

Maybe app updates will allow this in the future??

Ofiaich ;)

HengenJL

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
I've had one for a while and really enjoy it. Allows me to take me entire iTunes library with me when I go out of town, unfortunately I forgot it this trip. Fast transfer speeds, especially over USB 3.0 I'd definitely recommend picking one up if your concerned about having you entire library with you.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
OP, it probably will work out nice for u since it works great inside a car. Only con is u can't multitask and surf the net while connected to it

taipan61

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
corner starbucks
have had one for quite awhile now...
use it on multiple business trips, family trips, etc
dont use the goflex app at all anymore, i use "oplayer" it can stream flv, mpeg, and mkv (some) without having to convert video (makes it much more user friendly in my book)

wish they would come out with a 1gb or higher though without having to break into it replace the drive and OS

1pad

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2011
No one else has bought one ?

Give us a chance to respond, I only unwrapped my present a few hours ago! :)

Do you have any specific questions?

It has a "minidlna" upnp/DLNA server, so any apps that understand that will be able to read the HD's contents.

It comes into its own in situations you describe, ie., low capacity i' devices, so streaming apps rather than "download to" are particularly useful.

Its HD doesn't care what files you store on it, but reasonably enough, the Seagate app only supports Apple media formats, eg., H264 for movies.

I've had good results with "AirAV", a nice app capable of playing several disparate formats.

You can also use the hd to store doc's, pdf's, etc.. Several apps now implement the very useful "Open in" feature.

Personally, if I'm going to sit down & enjoy a good film, I don't feel the need to stop the movie & check for email :rolleyes:

Does that help you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.