Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

do you us screen protector on your 4s?

• yes

Votes: 62 56.9%
  • no haven't had any problems or needed one

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • no i have had some scratches that are noticable

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • no- other

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
this is for people with 4 or 4s...since i think the screens are the same?

if yes, just post the brand you use so if i decide to get one i'll know the best/favored one...i figured cheap ones would peel, interfere with scrolling, etc. my main concern is that it will change the color of my screen to appear darker, like a tint. does it?

i've had nothing but a bumper since 4s launch. pristine condition with a few drops.

Last edited:

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
I do use a screenprotector, better beeing save (while you dont see any difference with a good screenprotector on your screen) then having a regret. It also came free with the case i've bought.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Of course. I used one on my 3GS, and when the 4 came out, Apple recommended NOT using one at first. I got bumped while walking and dropped mine, in a case. It hit a tiny pebble and shattered. So, yes.

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I use Power Support. They are the best!!!
easy to apply?

----------

I use Power Support. They are the best!!!
these look nice. if i get one for front and back what is the texture like? do you reccomend front and back? is it noticeable that there is a protector on it

edit: also power support has a lot (ie HD anti glare)...what do you have/reccomend

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
if yes, just post the brand you use so if i decide to get one i'll know the best/favored one...
SGP utlraolephobic. You might want to understand why people prefer a particular screen protector rather than just going with the most popular. Not all screen protectors are the same.

also power support has a lot (ie HD anti glare)...what do you have/reccomend
Again, subjective matter. Do you prefer crystal or matte/antiglare?

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Have used one on every generation of iPhone i've owned (all of them)

Another vote for PowerSupport Crystal...have yet to fail me.

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
the 4 and 4s have exact same screens right?

----------

Have used one on every generation of iPhone i've owned (all of them)

Another vote for PowerSupport Crystal...have yet to fail me.
theres several films they have, are any better? i noticed one says antiglare, one says HD, etc

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
I've had every iPhone. Never had a screen protector...and I've owned each iPhone from launch day to launch day...and my son is six years old now. He's grown up with them. Never, ever had an issue or a scratch. I've sold every 'used' phone for usually a fifty to seventy five dollar profit!

I'm careful with them...never put it in a pocket with coins or keys...but the screen is too darn pretty to cover it in any way, shape or form IMVHO:)

As always, ymmv.

Jer

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I've had every iPhone. Never had a screen protector...and I've owned each iPhone from launch day to launch day...and my son is six years old now. He's grown up with them. Never, ever had an issue or a scratch. I've sold every 'used' phone for usually a fifty to seventy five dollar profit!

I'm careful with them...never put it in a pocket with coins or keys...but the screen is too darn pretty to cover it in any way, shape or form IMVHO:)

As always, ymmv.

Jer

that's kinda how i felt...unless the protector was near invisible

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2009
SGP Ultraoleophobic here for front and Ultramatte for back.
Love the oleophobic feeling..

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Originally did on my 3GS but then took it off after a while. I have a 4S now, but I'm going to put a screen protector since it's new and all. Right now it's rocking semi naked until my case comes.

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Yup, I've had good luck with the Power Support protectors sold at Apple stores.
which power support? theres a few on their site. if i do it i'd do the front and back of my white 4s....it won't dim down the screeen or anything will it

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Nope. No screen protector now or ever in the past on any of my phones.

AppleTech22

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
US
I did have the Invisible Shield for the front and back, ordered it because of my positive experience with the iPad one. Now I won't order one of these pieces of **** ever again. Peeling up after a week, that's just horrible. Can anyone recommend a good skin dealer, other than skinit, that has textured skins or colored ones? And if anyone knows a good, fast shipping, backplate dealer I would LOVE to get a link.

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

AppleTech22 said:
I did have the Invisible Shield for the front and back, ordered it because of my positive experience with the iPad one. Now I won't order one of these pieces of **** ever again. Peeling up after a week, that's just horrible. Can anyone recommend a good skin dealer, other than skinit, that has textured skins or colored ones? And if anyone knows a good, fast shipping, backplate dealer I would LOVE to get a link.

Apparently power support. I just don't which one as there are several. I just don't want my screen to chnge at all. Like the color or quality or response

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006

----------

theres several films they have, are any better? i noticed one says antiglare, one says HD, etc

Yes 4S/4 have the same screens.

HD Antiglare is the matte finish protector meant to reduce glare but that also reduces clarity somewhat.

The Crystal films retain original clarity (good especially for Retina Screens) but you might get glare as a result.

Think of it as Glossy vs Matte

Last edited:

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

daneoni said:

----------

Yes 4S/$ have the same screens.

HD Antiglare is the matte finish protector meant to reduce glare but that also reduces clarity somewhat.

The Crystal films retain original clarity (good especially for Retina Screens) but you might get glare as a result.

Think of it as Glossy vs Matte

It says it comes with 2 films does that
Mean front And back

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011

It won't take away from The touch screen At all? Also are they difficult to put on

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
easy to apply?

----------

these look nice. if i get one for front and back what is the texture like? do you reccomend front and back? is it noticeable that there is a protector on it

edit: also power support has a lot (ie HD anti glare)...what do you have/reccomend

I have the crystal one but I believe there is an anti-glare one. Its very easy to apply and feels like nothing is on your screen. My second choice would probably go to SGP as I use this for my Galaxy S II.

I also have the Power Support for my iPad 2. I swear by Power Support. You will not be disappointed. Good Luck!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011

Should I order PS right thru their site?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.