Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 24, 2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Nick90099
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4s volume button and speaker issue

Hope someone can help...
My Mum has a new iPhone 4s and cannot play music through the speaker. The speaker works fine on the speakerphone for calls. The music also plays fine through headphones. An oddity is that the changing volume icon when the side volume control are used does not show up either when pressed. The mute works fine and also indicates when it is turned back on that the 'blind' side button fiddling has actually changed the volume level (the bar is at the changed level). The side bar does half-work and show as working when the headphones are being used. By 'half-work' I mean it shows up when using headphones when the phone is held in landscape, but not in portrait! The keyboard click sounds also do not work. It rings fine.

I have gone through the settings and checked they are all correct, double checked these with another iPhone 4's and 3's I have here, but i have no other 4s's to compare exactly with. I have turned off and on and also done a full reset with no luck!
Hope this makes sense and hope someone can help?
Thanks!
Nick
Nick90099 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:31 AM   #2
lane.bowman
macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem!!!!!! Sucks! I've done a full re-set and nothing changed. I am getting "error 5014" displayed and a no volume available message where the volume control normally is. Did you ever get any help??
lane.bowman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:14 AM   #3
SFStateStudent
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SFStateStudent Send a message via Yahoo to SFStateStudent Send a message via Skype™ to SFStateStudent
Be aware that sometimes Bluetooth devices will not allow music to be played and it may seem that the speaker is not working. That's what happened to me, then the volume + button was another problem. If you can repeat the same situation at the Apple Store you can get the iPhone 4S replaced on the spot...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting