Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:59 AM   #1
Caliber26
macrumors 65816

2 Apple IDs, 1 AppleTV

I just bought my mom and her husband a new AppleTV (second generation) and I wanted to know if Home Sharing will work with more than one Apple ID.

He has an Apple ID of his own in iTunes, and so does she. I know they'll both want to access their content (pictures, movies, music) through the "Computer" option, but will this be possible?

Does anyone out there have an ATV shared by multiple users and confirm whether this will work or not, or know of a work-around?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
Caliber26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2011, 01:18 PM   #2
jmcgeejr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliber26 View Post
I just bought my mom and her husband a new AppleTV (second generation) and I wanted to know if Home Sharing will work with more than one Apple ID.

He has an Apple ID of his own in iTunes, and so does she. I know they'll both want to access their content (pictures, movies, music) through the "Computer" option, but will this be possible?

Does anyone out there have an ATV shared by multiple users and confirm whether this will work or not, or know of a work-around?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
If you enable sharing on both you can see them both listed under the computer function of the apple tv, i haven't tried with two accounts but I have set mine up with 3 different libraries using the same apple ID, I would assume it will work.
jmcgeejr is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:49 AM   #3
Caliber26
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgeejr View Post
If you enable sharing on both you can see them both listed under the computer function of the apple tv, i haven't tried with two accounts but I have set mine up with 3 different libraries using the same apple ID, I would assume it will work.
Thanks! He was able to keep his Apple ID for purchases but I enabled his Home Sharing with my mom's Apple ID, so both libraries show up under computers.
Caliber26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:04 AM   #4
jmcgeejr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliber26 View Post
Thanks! He was able to keep his Apple ID for purchases but I enabled his Home Sharing with my mom's Apple ID, so both libraries show up under computers.

Perfect, glad you got it working.
jmcgeejr is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater