Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:59 AM   #1
Caliber26
macrumors 65816
 
Caliber26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
2 Apple IDs, 1 AppleTV

I just bought my mom and her husband a new AppleTV (second generation) and I wanted to know if Home Sharing will work with more than one Apple ID.

He has an Apple ID of his own in iTunes, and so does she. I know they'll both want to access their content (pictures, movies, music) through the "Computer" option, but will this be possible?

Does anyone out there have an ATV shared by multiple users and confirm whether this will work or not, or know of a work-around?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
Caliber26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2011, 01:18 PM   #2
jmcgeejr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliber26 View Post
I just bought my mom and her husband a new AppleTV (second generation) and I wanted to know if Home Sharing will work with more than one Apple ID.

He has an Apple ID of his own in iTunes, and so does she. I know they'll both want to access their content (pictures, movies, music) through the "Computer" option, but will this be possible?

Does anyone out there have an ATV shared by multiple users and confirm whether this will work or not, or know of a work-around?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
If you enable sharing on both you can see them both listed under the computer function of the apple tv, i haven't tried with two accounts but I have set mine up with 3 different libraries using the same apple ID, I would assume it will work.
jmcgeejr is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:49 AM   #3
Caliber26
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Caliber26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgeejr View Post
If you enable sharing on both you can see them both listed under the computer function of the apple tv, i haven't tried with two accounts but I have set mine up with 3 different libraries using the same apple ID, I would assume it will work.
Thanks! He was able to keep his Apple ID for purchases but I enabled his Home Sharing with my mom's Apple ID, so both libraries show up under computers.
Caliber26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:04 AM   #4
jmcgeejr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliber26 View Post
Thanks! He was able to keep his Apple ID for purchases but I enabled his Home Sharing with my mom's Apple ID, so both libraries show up under computers.

Perfect, glad you got it working.
jmcgeejr is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did Apple IDs change? 0sync0 Mac Basics and Help 1 Jul 2, 2013 04:57 AM
Apple Increases Account Security With Optional Two-Step Verification System for Apple IDs MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 178 Apr 11, 2013 05:23 AM
Syncing AppleTV and Computer with different Apple IDs thomasman87 Apple TV and Home Theater 4 Jan 3, 2013 11:16 AM
multiple Apple IDs musukosan OS X 2 Sep 19, 2012 05:11 AM
Different Apple IDs on different logins SwiftLives iCloud and Apple Services 1 Jul 31, 2012 01:46 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC