Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:19 PM   #1
Kyllle
macrumors 6502

Apps won't download

Just got an iPad 2, I was able to download apps for the first few hours (I installed one app and one book sample), but now when I try it gets stuck on "waiting" with the bar empty, and after a while it says cannot connect to iTunes store.

I tried resetting, signing out and in, etc, and I get a message that says "This app and 1 other could not be installed at this time. Please try again later."

The same thing happens when I try to install a newspaper, so it's not just apps.

So I thought it was just something wrong with my iPad and I would take it in tomorrow, but then I tried installing an app in iTunes my PC and I got an error that said the network connection timed out.

It's also stuck on waiting when using my iPhone 4 over both wifi and 3G (Verizon).

This is not something wrong with my wifi, as I can still browse the iTunes store and the internet connection is still fast, so I thought maybe the iTunes store is down? Either that or something is wrong with my iTunes account, I'm not sure.

Thanks
Kyllle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:24 PM   #2
ReallyBigFeet
macrumors 68030

It's Christmas. My guess is iTunes is being hammered with requests for purchases, new device/account activations, etc. Keep trying.

You may also try resetting your WiFi router if you keep losing wifi signal. But my bet is iTunes is just temporarily overwhelmed.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:25 PM   #3
Ashwood11
macrumors 65816

It may be just a problem with the App Store. Wait until later today or tomorrow and try again. If you don't have any success then, post again and we will see if we can help.
Ashwood11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:33 PM   #4
Kyllle
macrumors 6502

Ok thanks guys, that's what I was hoping it was. I'll be passing by the apple store tomorrow anyways so I can always bring it in and ask them if it still doesn't work.

Merry Christmas!

Edit: apparently it's just something wrong with my iTunes account, because I made another one and it works with that one

Last edited by Kyllle; Dec 25, 2011 at 01:01 PM.
Kyllle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2011, 01:19 PM   #5
RByers89
macrumors newbie

Got my mom a iPad and dad a iPod touch and I have about $100 in iTunes gift cards I've been trying to redeem and download apps. iTunes is just hammered and not working right now. It's not your account. You just got lucky with one download.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:33 PM   #6
CuppyCake
macrumors member

If you are holding the iPad at the top left area you are also blocking the connectivity communication for wifi or 3G. My mother does this alot when we are using FaceTime.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:08 PM   #7
antiwindows
macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue as the OP, but I can download Apps all day with my Imac. My first though was that Apps store is getting hammered, but after the IMac can load appps, now I'm not sure.
Would it have anything to do with the Apple ID account being different on the Imac then the Ipad
antiwindows is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:20 PM   #8
Ashwood11
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiwindows View Post
I'm having the same issue as the OP, but I can download Apps all day with my Imac. My first though was that Apps store is getting hammered, but after the IMac can load appps, now I'm not sure.
Would it have anything to do with the Apple ID account being different on the Imac then the Ipad
They access two different App Stores. Apple sold a lot more iPhones, iPods and iPads than they did OSX devices.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:31 PM   #9
antiwindows
macrumors newbie

Smile

Thanks, now it all makes sense.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:54 AM   #10
antiwindows
macrumors newbie

Question

An update, tried to load an app on our iPad last night, I was still getting the App store not available. I next turned off the Iclould account on the iPad, everything started to load, with no "errors"
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:24 AM   #11
Ashwood11
macrumors 65816

If I remember correctly, Apple shut down the App Store for Christmas for about a week and gave employees vacation time. That would certainly have effected service.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 09:05 AM   #12
Betonyjoy
macrumors newbie

First time iPad user

I'm also having the same problem; I can download apps to my iPad 1 via my (Winows) pc but not directly on the iPad itself. Strangely, I've been able to do it intermittently, just not every time. Surely this cannot be the case for me?

Liking this forum, btw guys!
Betonyjoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:18 PM   #13
codfreak1994
macrumors newbie

Apps

Mine is doing it to and actually it's making me mad cuz I bought apps that cost money and I can't download them. What do I do?
codfreak1994 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting