Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jun 1, 2005, 04:38 PM   #1
rinseout
macrumors regular

Question Battery Calibration

When calibrating your battery, after you have done the discharge and your computer is asleep, does it matter if you plug in for charging up to full AND use your computer while charging? Or are you supposed to let it sleep until it's fully charged?
rinseout is offline   0
Old Jun 1, 2005, 04:44 PM   #2
emw
macrumors 603

According to this article in the Apple KB, I don't think it matters if you are using it - which it really shouldn't. Surf away!
Old Jun 1, 2005, 04:59 PM   #3
rinseout
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by emw
According to this article in the Apple KB, I don't think it matters if you are using it - which it really shouldn't. Surf away!
The article doesn't really say... I suppose that might mean it doesn't matter. I can't see that it should matter, either, but I'm not sure whether the battery will draw the same amount of current asleep as awake (which is I guess what the real question is).
rinseout is offline   0
Old Jun 1, 2005, 05:04 PM   #4
sjpetry
macrumors 65816

Emw is right it doesn't matter.
sjpetry is offline   0
Old Jun 1, 2005, 05:08 PM   #5
emw
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinseout
The article doesn't really say... I suppose that might mean it doesn't matter. I can't see that it should matter, either, but I'm not sure whether the battery will draw the same amount of current asleep as awake (which is I guess what the real question is).
I don't think current draw is the issue. If you really wanted to minimize draw, then shut down. Essentially, the idea is to tell the battery how much it can hold. Running it until it sleeps tells it how low it can go, and charging it back up tells it how much it can hold.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers