Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:31 PM   #1
pmart
macrumors newbie

New iPad 2, which Case?

I just ordered an iPad2 and I now need a case. I have been researching on these threads and have narrowed my case choice to the zum sc ultimate + smart cover or the switch easy cover buddy. Can anyone tell me witch one is better from experience?

I am looking for a case that will last with good functionality. I want something that will cover the front and back and will also act as a stand for typing. I will be mailing using the iPad 2 for business so I don't want anything that is cheap looking. Thanks!
pmart is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2011, 05:46 PM   #2
jsh1120
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmart View Post
I just ordered an iPad2 and I now need a case. I have been researching on these threads and have narrowed my case choice to the zum sc ultimate + smart cover or the switch easy cover buddy. Can anyone tell me witch one is better from experience?

I am looking for a case that will last with good functionality. I want something that will cover the front and back and will also act as a stand for typing. I will be mailing using the iPad 2 for business so I don't want anything that is cheap looking. Thanks!
Both cases have their advocates. Keep in mind that if you use the Zum case, you won't be able to remove the SmartCover without also removing the Zum case. Some people like this feature; others don't. The Switch Easy case has sold very well. Some folks find that it's not especially durable, but that may be because so many have sold and quality issues show up more frequently.

P.S. You might also want to rethink the auto-correction feature when you type. i.e. "I will mailing using the iPad 2..."
jsh1120 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:44 AM   #3
Infrared1
macrumors newbie

I have both the smart cover with the coverbuddy, probably your best bet. Also looks the cleanest.
Infrared1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:31 AM   #4
JamesHP
macrumors regular

I got my iPad two days ago, I'm using the blue Poly Smart Cover with the clear CoverBuddy. I think it works well, but I will say that if you do go down the smart cover route the Coverbuddy (or similar, make sure it has the opening down the side for the magnets to attach) is absolutely essential. I've seen a friend's iPad where he's got a smart cover with no back protection and the aluminium's scratched to high heaven.
JamesHP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:18 PM   #5
MacBpro
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHP View Post
I got my iPad two days ago, I'm using the blue Poly Smart Cover with the clear CoverBuddy. I think it works well, but I will say that if you do go down the smart cover route the Coverbuddy (or similar, make sure it has the opening down the side for the magnets to attach) is absolutely essential. I've seen a friend's iPad where he's got a smart cover with no back protection and the aluminium's scratched to high heaven.
Back cover is definitely a must for iPad 2 with smart cover.. but watch this video before you decide... good luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibT5CEvKoHM
MacBpro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:43 PM   #6
Electric turd
macrumors member

Best I've used is smart cover with Incipio smart feather. Winning combo! Best thing about the smart feather is that it holds the smart cover magnet in place plus the soft touch plastic is an added bonus.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:30 PM   #7
LeeM
macrumors 6502a

Another vote for the zum, it's great. I like howit locks the smart cover on
LeeM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:17 AM   #8
Stig 704
macrumors newbie

I just ordered the ZUM for a compliment to my smart cover...just a quick question...does the smart cover work the same and un-interrupted with the ZUM attached?

Thanks in advance!
Stig 704 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories