Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
I just ordered an iPad2 and I now need a case. I have been researching on these threads and have narrowed my case choice to the zum sc ultimate + smart cover or the switch easy cover buddy. Can anyone tell me witch one is better from experience?

I am looking for a case that will last with good functionality. I want something that will cover the front and back and will also act as a stand for typing. I will be mailing using the iPad 2 for business so I don't want anything that is cheap looking. Thanks!

jsh1120

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2011
I just ordered an iPad2 and I now need a case. I have been researching on these threads and have narrowed my case choice to the zum sc ultimate + smart cover or the switch easy cover buddy. Can anyone tell me witch one is better from experience?

I am looking for a case that will last with good functionality. I want something that will cover the front and back and will also act as a stand for typing. I will be mailing using the iPad 2 for business so I don't want anything that is cheap looking. Thanks!

Both cases have their advocates. Keep in mind that if you use the Zum case, you won't be able to remove the SmartCover without also removing the Zum case. Some people like this feature; others don't. The Switch Easy case has sold very well. Some folks find that it's not especially durable, but that may be because so many have sold and quality issues show up more frequently.

P.S. You might also want to rethink the auto-correction feature when you type. i.e. "I will mailing using the iPad 2..." :)

Infrared1

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2011
I have both the smart cover with the coverbuddy, probably your best bet. Also looks the cleanest. :)

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
I got my iPad two days ago, I'm using the blue Poly Smart Cover with the clear CoverBuddy. I think it works well, but I will say that if you do go down the smart cover route the Coverbuddy (or similar, make sure it has the opening down the side for the magnets to attach) is absolutely essential. I've seen a friend's iPad where he's got a smart cover with no back protection and the aluminium's scratched to high heaven.

MacBpro

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Chicago, IL
I got my iPad two days ago, I'm using the blue Poly Smart Cover with the clear CoverBuddy. I think it works well, but I will say that if you do go down the smart cover route the Coverbuddy (or similar, make sure it has the opening down the side for the magnets to attach) is absolutely essential. I've seen a friend's iPad where he's got a smart cover with no back protection and the aluminium's scratched to high heaven.

Back cover is definitely a must for iPad 2 with smart cover.. but watch this video before you decide... good luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibT5CEvKoHM

Electric turd

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Best I've used is smart cover with Incipio smart feather. Winning combo! Best thing about the smart feather is that it holds the smart cover magnet in place plus the soft touch plastic is an added bonus.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
Another vote for the zum, it's great. I like howit locks the smart cover on

Stig 704

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2012
Cornelius, NC
I just ordered the ZUM for a compliment to my smart cover...just a quick question...does the smart cover work the same and un-interrupted with the ZUM attached?

Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.