Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 28, 2011, 02:12 PM   #1
glossolalia
macrumors newbie

Sync SMS from iPhone to iPad?

Hey everyone,

Just bought an iPad and I'm trying to figure out how to transfer/sync all my texts from my iPhone to my iPad. Can someone tell me an easy way to do this?

Thanks!

Brandon
glossolalia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Night Spring
macrumors G3

There's no way. SMS is a phone function, and iPads don't have phone capacity. There are texting apps that let you receive SMS on an iPad, but since they use a different phone # from your iPhone, the texts can't sync between iPad and iPhone. Even with iMessage, in order for the message to be sent to both iPad and iPhone, the sender has to send the message to your email address, not your phone #.
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:25 AM   #3
LostLogik
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Spring View Post
There's no way. SMS is a phone function,
True. However, if all you want to do is look at your SMS history, both sent & received, you could use something like PhoneView on your Mac, export the SMS to a PDF or some other format and then view those on the iPad. This is something I've done.
LostLogik is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:15 PM   #4
elisamuel40
macrumors newbie

WifiSMS

you can install wifisms on your iphone and then access it from your ipad's browser
elisamuel40 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:28 PM   #5
BrianBaughn
macrumors 68020

If you used the Google Voice app with a Google Voice number for all of your texts (and abandoned the message app on the iPhone), you could have the same conversations on the iPad as the iPhone. Also, you could use GrowlVoice on a Mac, or GVNotifier on a Windows PC. Plus, you could text and see history via a web browser on any system.
BrianBaughn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad