Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:06 AM   #1
macrumors newbie

noob trying to jailbreak iPhone, won't turn on

Okay, decided to jailbreak my iPhone 4s today. Googled around and found http://www.reviewstown.com/how-to-ja...-and-safe.html
Downloaded the thing and followed the instructions. I may have missed something, because it said the device was not found. Then, I noticed my screen was completely black. So, I unplugged it and pressed the power button but it would not start. So now I'm sitting here with my brand new iPhone that won't turn on with no clue what to do. Help!!

----------

I'm hearing that there are no jailbreaks for 4s....wtf have I gotten myself into......
383 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:07 AM   #2
Crystal-RX
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383 View Post
Okay, decided to jailbreak my iPhone 4s today. Googled around and found http://www.reviewstown.com/how-to-ja...-and-safe.html
Downloaded the thing and followed the instructions. I may have missed something, because it said the device was not found. Then, I noticed my screen was completely black. So, I unplugged it and pressed the power button but it would not start. So now I'm sitting here with my brand new iPhone that won't turn on with no clue what to do. Help!!
there is no jailbreak available for 4S now. You phone is not bricked. Just hold power button & home buttons at the same time for about 10-13 seconds, the release both and turn the phone on normally.
Crystal-RX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:10 AM   #3
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal-RX View Post
there is no jailbreak available for 4S now. You phone is not bricked. Just hold power button & home buttons at the same time for about 10-13 seconds, the release both and turn the phone on normally.
I know. I just read that on here. I'll try what you said.

----------

thank you
now i'll go and unnoob myself....any suggestions on where to start?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:41 AM   #4
labman
macrumors 604

I turkey hate fake sites like that. I can see how the poor guy had no idea. It just gives jailbreaking a bad name. Causes frustration. TS fallow musclenerd on Twitter and the dev-team blog also iclarified is a trusted site for tutorials. Sites like that should be taken down.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 01:29 AM   #5
Crystal-RX
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383 View Post
I know. I just read that on here. I'll try what you said.

----------

thank you
now i'll go and unnoob myself....any suggestions on where to start?
Even you don't need to do anything with your phone now, just log into this forum, read sticky on top as well as other issues people asking in here each day. You will be expert in a short time. We were all newbies at one time. Right?
Crystal-RX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 01:36 AM   #6
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal-RX View Post
Even you don't need to do anything with your phone now, just log into this forum, read sticky on top as well as other issues people asking in here each day. You will be expert in a short time. We were all newbies at one time. Right?
Thanks guys, I'll check those out.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:58 AM   #7
noiceT
macrumors 6502

Macrumors, iClarified, Dev Team blog.

These should be the only sites you are looking at.
noiceT is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks