Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:15 AM   #1
adibear
macrumors newbie

Will a factory restore remove the jailbreak

So like an idiot, I forgot my iphone password and now only have one attempt left. I'm so afraid of disabling it permanently because if I have to factory restore it (which I don't know how, because I've never backed it up on my computer) I don't know if I'll lose the jailbreak. And if I lose the jailbreak, how will I know if I can re-jailbreak it? I'm not sure what firmware it will restore too and if I'm correct in thinking, not all versions of iOS have a jailbreak right? Plus I really want to avoid re-paying for jailbreaking

Also, what is the difference between a reset and factory restore? Currently my iphone is disabled for 60 minutes, but when does it start over and go back to 1minute? It seems so unfair that it would stay at 60 Please help.
adibear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:23 AM   #2
blueroom
macrumors 603

It will remove the jailbreak and everything else.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting