Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Just got a 6th gen nano back from the 1st gen recall, and so far loving it minus one thing. When I elected a subset of my library and sync, it works just fine, but if I attempt to sync all my music (which WILL fit if converted to 128k) it performs the sync, then as soon as its safe to disconnect, it reboots. Then within 2-3 seconds of arriving at the home screen, reboots again, and is stuck in this loop until I can finally get it restored (a non-trivial task when its constantly resetting). Despite a restore, the problem will still occur if I replicate the steps outlined above.

lvbradius

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2008
I have this issue too. I am working around it by syncing all genres. I returned my nano and got a new one. It had the issue too.

lvbradius

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2008
I fixed mine. I had a playlist of over 2,000 songs. Basically, I had a playlist of checked music on this computer for some reason. Removing this cleared it up. I am wondering if there is a song limit in playlists.

roowho

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2008
only difference, we subscribed to iTunes Match

Same here.

Pattern if connect to itunes is reboot/ restore / reboot / reboot / restore / loop.

Since last sync, only difference was we subscribed to iTunes Match.

BMdoubleU

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
Same here after receiving my replacement for the 1G recall. After much painstaking troubleshooting (including cracking the screen) I figured out the culprit. Looks like my 6G Nano doesn't like Smart Playlists with rules using iCloud Status in them. To figure this out I had to sync each playlist one by one until the thing rebooted. I deleted the offending playlist and was able to sync my entire library with no issues.

Hope this helps someone as it was painful for me to figure out.

Nickus

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2012
Thank you!

Same here after receiving my replacement for the 1G recall. After much painstaking troubleshooting (including cracking the screen) I figured out the culprit. Looks like my 6G Nano doesn't like Smart Playlists with rules using iCloud Status in them. To figure this out I had to sync each playlist one by one until the thing rebooted. I deleted the offending playlist and was able to sync my entire library with no issues.

Hope this helps someone as it was painful for me to figure out.

I subscribed just so i could thank you for this post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.