Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:52 PM   #1
jackc
macrumors 65816

can't open .sit file for mouse software

I'm trying to download Kensington's Mouseworks software, I tried the company's site and the Apple download page (the file names are slightly different):

http://www.kensington.com/html/1385.html
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...ouseworks.html

In both cases, the file name ends in .dmg.sit and when downloaded, it does not choose a default application to open it. Is Tiger able to open .sit or do I need StuffIt or something else?
jackc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:58 PM   #2
eva01
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to eva01 Send a message via MSN to eva01 Send a message via Yahoo to eva01
use search on this forum more often, this is the second time i have given the same answer

download stuffit-expander and then open it.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 01:33 PM   #3
jamdr
macrumors 6502a

There have been a lot of topics on this. Apple stopped including the Stuffit framework with OS X so now if you want to use this horrible software, you will have to download it. You can do so here.
jamdr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 01:38 PM   #4
James Philp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamdr
There have been a lot of topics on this. Apple stopped including the Stuffit framework with OS X so now if you want to use this horrible software, you will have to download it. You can do so here.
Which you almost certainly will have to, as a lot of things still come in .sit format (mainly made by Microsoft actually!).
James Philp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 01:42 AM   #5
MrCommunistGen
macrumors regular

Arg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Philp
(mainly made by Microsoft actually!).
Yeah... its a conspiracy by the EVIL companies to pollute your pristine OS with their... um... less than stellar... software

-mcg
Folding. Good for the Mac, good for the PC, good for you and good for me. Fold for MR Team 3446!
MrCommunistGen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 01:57 AM   #6
slooksterPSV
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to slooksterPSV Send a message via MSN to slooksterPSV Send a message via Yahoo to slooksterPSV
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCommunistGen
Yeah... its a conspiracy by the EVIL companies to pollute your pristine OS with their... um... less than stellar... software

-mcg
Congrats on the upgrade, aren't the iMac G3's just the worst to get into. I mean the HDD is on the bottom of the machine! lol, I upgraded my 6 to 20, in less than 4 hours! lol, on PC's it takes me about 15 minutes, well then again, I had troubles with the CDROM drive sticking out too far.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help