Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

number9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
USA
I didn't see this mentioned in the forums anywhere, thought it may have been brought up in the iPod class-action suit thread, but I figured I would post it here too. But anyway, I saw the Apple start page and one of the news items for June 3 was about a "new" iPod recycling program.

"Beginning today, customers can bring iPods they no longer want to any of Apple’s 100+ retail stores in the US for free environmentally friendly disposal. Those who drop off an iPod, iPod mini or iPod photo will receive a 10% discount on the purchase of a new iPod that day."

Seems like they may have thought about doing this while settling the class action suit and also to address the complaints by some environmentalists that have been complaining about Apple's (supposed) lack of environmental concern when it came to old products. I think that seems like a great deal though, and I wonder if the 10% could be applied in addition to the Educational discount-- that'd be a pretty sweet deal, but I could see any other discount being voided if you use the 10%.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Cool, but my old ipod, i might keep around as an external hard drive, since the hard drive is still good

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.