Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:00 PM   #1
SuperMiguel
macrumors 6502

Airport Connections

So i have 1 Airport Extreme on office, and 2 Airport Express (one on my backyard and one in my room)..

The iMac i have at my room, has the airport express is about 6ft away from my imac, and the Airport Extreme about 100ft away.. When i open my airport utility my imac is connecting to the Airport extreme instead to the Express in my room, how can i for it to connect to the one with more range??

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMiguel View Post
So i have 1 Airport Extreme on office, and 2 Airport Express (one on my backyard and one in my room)..

The iMac i have at my room, has the airport express is about 6ft away from my imac, and the Airport Extreme about 100ft away.. When i open my airport utility my imac is connecting to the Airport extreme instead to the Express in my room, how can i for it to connect to the one with more range??
rebooting the iMac did it, but is there a way to make it permanent???
SuperMiguel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:41 PM   #2
belvdr
macrumors 68040

No, it's up to the client to roam to an AP.
belvdr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking