Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doktordoris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
hullo all,

I would like to buy a cover to slip over my 27" iMac to prevent my jackdaw from pecking it when i am not in the room. I had a quick search online and could find nothing suitable. does anyone have any ideas?

toodles
doris

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Interesting issue.
I was also not able to find any protective cases- just travel cases.
I would suggest you getting a blanket or sheet and just drape that over your iMac.

Stewart21

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
South Yorkshire
hullo all,

I would like to buy a cover to slip over my 27" iMac to prevent my jackdaw from pecking it when i am not in the room. I had a quick search online and could find nothing suitable. does anyone have any ideas?

toodles
doris

Put the jackdaw in a different room, or in a cage. Problem solved.

Stewart

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009

yep. It's pretty crazy. there might be alternatives tho. Personally, you really don't need a cover for your iMac. If it gets dusty or dirty just clean it, no big deal. But i guess if you have a bird in the same room flying around it will become a problem.

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
Ventilation would be a concern
Is your iMac going to be on while covered or off?

Do you know how to sew? You could pick up some flexible vinyl at the fabric store and craft your own - sort of like an old vinyl typewriter cover.

If you can't sew - theres always the cut vinyl to size and tape it together (on the inside of course, so it doesn't look like crap) method.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.