Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 2, 2012, 06:58 AM   #1
Shandidy
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 is completely dead

Hello all!

last night i switched off my iphone and the battrey was fully charged, and i did a hard reset home+lock/sleep to speed it up because some apps was crashing, once i switch it off i cant turn it on at all, and i am currenty in egypt and they dont support any global warrenty/NO APPLE STORE, i tried another hard reset no good, aloso i connected the iphone to itunes and hold down lock+home, no good, i tried to restore it using itunes, but itunes doesn't detect my phone, the iphone still in warrenty for six month but as i said, warrenty is useless because there is no apple store, i dont know what to do

please help

thanks.
Shandidy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2012, 06:46 PM   #2
Buttercookie
macrumors member

If its under warranty call apple and see if you can ship it in to get worked on. You will be without your phone but there is no sense holding on to one that doesn't work
Buttercookie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2012, 03:49 AM   #3
Shandidy
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up Dead iphone

Hello every one

Finally I managed to fix my dead iPhone as I said before I tried every thing dfu mode, home+lock for several seconds, hold the home button and connect the iPhone to iTunes while holding home, etc.…

Last night a friend of mine told me to disconnect the battery connector for several seconds about 20 to 30 seconds and hold the lock/sleep button for 4 seconds while the connector is disconnected and reconnected the battery connector again, and try to switch it on, and finally the dead iPhone came back to life

Yesssssss……

Last edited by Shandidy; Jan 6, 2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Caliope
macrumors newbie

Worked for me too!

Thanks for the hot tip. I was about to hotfoot down to my apple repair shop, but this simple solution was all that was required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandidy View Post
Hello every one

Finally I managed to fix my dead iPhone as I said before I tried every thing dfu mode, home+lock for several seconds, hold the home button and connect the iPhone to iTunes while holding home, etc.…

Last night a friend of mine told me to disconnect the battery connector for several seconds about 20 to 30 seconds and hold the lock/sleep button for 4 seconds while the connector is disconnected and reconnected the battery connector again, and try to switch it on, and finally the dead iPhone came back to life

Yesssssss……
Caliope is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:44 PM   #5
Golden7B
macrumors newbie

Dude you just saved me 200$ for a refurbished one. Which was the only option the guy at the Apple store gave me after looking at my phone for 2 seconds. (He really juste looked at the serial number and then told me your phone is dead...can't believe you can tell that about a phone that costs 700$+ and is 22 months old...)

Oh well: Just wanted to say thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandidy View Post
Hello every one

Yesssssss……
Golden7B is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2013, 06:57 AM   #6
mzukwana
macrumors newbie

iPhone dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden7B View Post
Dude you just saved me 200$ for a refurbished one. Which was the only option the guy at the Apple store gave me after looking at my phone for 2 seconds. (He really juste looked at the serial number and then told me your phone is dead...can't believe you can tell that about a phone that costs 700$+ and is 22 months old...)

Oh well: Just wanted to say thanks!!
what causes this? i have a friend who just had a similar problem.
mzukwana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 09:44 AM   #7
Shandidy
macrumors newbie

Well i guess it might be static electricity thats is generated when your phone is in your pocket, fraction causes static electricity, the down side is that most of apple devices has no removable battery and the hard reset (lock/sleep+home) dose not work all the time.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 05:45 PM   #8
ItBeMe22
macrumors 6502

That happen to mine too and that is all they did, and she fried right up. But do not carry nine in my pocket, and I do not think it is a static thing.
ItBeMe22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting