Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 2, 2012, 03:54 PM   #1
NightStrikergp
macrumors newbie

ATV 2 and Netflix not streaming

So I purchased an ATV 2 because it had Netflix, I set it all up and it connected to Netflix and showed the titles available. However every single title I try gives me the message "Sorry this title is not available for streaming, Please try another title"

Yet when I try those titles on my computer or even my iPhone they stream without problems but any title I try on my ATV just gives me that error.

Is this a known problem or is there any way to fix it? The ATV is not jailbroken yet so I don't think that's the issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
NightStrikergp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2012, 04:05 PM   #2
SandboxGeneral

I'm having a similar issue as well. It seems for me, shows that are older don't always want to work. For example Frasier & Married with Children. If I click on the show or episode enough times, it will start playing. But if I watch the same ones on the computer, they play just fine.

So I can only assume that it's something in iOS and I hope it gets fixed in the next update.

Newer shows seem to play just fine. I just started watching Breaking Bad and haven't had one problem with it.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 05:02 PM   #3
slothrob
macrumors 6502

I've had this problem a few times over the last year. It has always been fixed by unplugging and re-plugging in the aTV2 to force a reboot. A soft reboot, by holding the Menu and Down arrow at the same time, until the light blinks rapidly, might work, as well.
slothrob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2012, 05:07 PM   #4
GaresTaylan
macrumors 6502a

I can't even get mine to log in to Netflix anymore. It's been that was since November.
GaresTaylan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:19 AM   #5
spice weasel
macrumors 65816

I have this problem regularly - as in at least once a week if not more. Sometimes it happens mid-stream. It's been an issue since the day I bought the unit. My first ATV2 was replaced because of another issue, and this new one still has the same problem. It's a huge pain in the rear to have to hard reset the thing all the time. I'm usually quite happy with my Apple products, but the ATV has been super buggy. I've taken to just using my PS3 for Netflix instead, even though the interface is clunkier and the streaming quality starts out less clear.
spice weasel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 03:36 PM   #6
pdburstein
macrumors newbie

Apple TV 2 and Netflix

I, too, purchased the ATV 2 to use with Netflix. Netflix starts, but has to stop every 2-3 minutes to continue to reload content. Makes for a very unpleasant viewing experience. Using the same internet connection, same wireless router, in the same room, iPad and iPhone work seamlessly. The ATV 2 software is the most recent. ATV states the signal is fine and the download is fine. Streaming video from Netflix...not so fine. Videos and music from iTunes works fine, as well.
pdburstein is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 03:38 PM   #7
SandboxGeneral

I just remembered that the Xbox also has Netflix on it. I'm going to log into it there and try my shows that don't always seem to work on ATV2 and see how they work on Xbox.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater