Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etherburn2000

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
To anyone
I have 15" G4 Powerbook, the first generation one. Is there a way I can connect a 20"-inch Cinema Display to the Powerbook? The reason is that the 20" inch Display only has a DVI connector?

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 147

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
neocell said:
Apple has them, though you could probably get one cheaper someplace else

This will not work becuase it is for computers with DVI already allowing you to hook them to a VGA only display. The poster is trying to do the opposite. The original powerbook 12" revision only hooks up to external monitors via VGA so he would need something to hook up a VGA only computer to a DVI only monitor... such as the DrBott.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
neocell said:
Sorry, my mistake

No worries :) This is something I went through with an IBM thinkpad awhile back so I have some history with this issue. I agree with an earlier post about going with the Dell 2005FPW and just using the VGA on that monitor. It supports DVI as well so if you upgrade down the road you will have that option. Plus, on sale you can get the Dells for almost have the price and the quality is great! Also, Dell has a very flexible dead pixel policy and Apple's sucks bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.