Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moccasin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Newcastle, UK
Was surprised to see just now that my MBA battery life was down to 2.46 hrs yet recently fully charged. Then I realised that iTunes was still running. Sure enough I quit iTunes and battery life immediately leapt to over 4 hours. I can only assume that this is because iTunes was linked to my new ATV.

If I leave my wifi network, will iTunes still look for my ATV or do I need to remember to switch output back to my MBA speakers? Its not a problem as such - just need to be aware.

Ultimately I intend to get an iMac or Mac Mini to run iTunes (and for other things) but thats not a priority right now.

snowwhite007

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
Scotland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

If wifi is on and home sharing is enabled and apple tv is on it will look for it im sure unless told otherwise i keep my music on a network drive to avoid my airs already terrible batt life being used even more

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.