Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KwilsonCCO

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
GA
Haven't seen it talked about but here's my prediction. iPad 3 will be offered by the same 3 carriers for 3G service as the iPhone now. AT&T Verizon and Sprint.
Also the will go back to just 2 models of either Wifi and 3G with each having 3 different memory sizes.

I just hope that you can switch service to any of the 3 providers without having to have an unlocked iPad similar to the 4S situation now.

It would be awesome to pick your provider for 30 days at a time with no contracts.

What do you think ? I believe we will see this soon

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Haven't seen it talked about but here's my prediction. iPad 3 will be offered by the same 3 carriers for 3G service as the iPhone now. AT&T Verizon and Sprint.
Also the will go back to just 2 models of either Wifi and 3G with each having 3 different memory sizes.

I just hope that you can switch service to any of the 3 providers without having to have an unlocked iPad similar to the 4S situation now.

It would be awesome to pick your provider for 30 days at a time with no contracts.

What do you think ? I believe we will see this soon

Separate iPad for each carrier.

KwilsonCCO

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
GA
No one model iPad with any carrier like the 4s is now only unlocked
It will happen !!

KwilsonCCO

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
GA
Well it could be 3G or LTE whatever the new tech.

My prediction is unlocked iPad that will work on any of the big 3 carriers.

We will see a return to just 2 models in 3 memory sizes. Wifi and 3G

Apple did this for the 4S the iPad is next

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
I think you fail to understand that each of the 3 carriers would in no way support each other in one device. Sure, you could activate it on one of the three when you first get it, but you would in no way be able to switch from carrier to carrier using the same device. Not even the 4S can do this. Sure, Unlocked iPhones and iPads can use foreign locals Sim cards, but here in the United States you have to choose which carrier to activate it on, and the Unlocked version of the iPhone and iPad only work on AT&T in the U.S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.