Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chad4Mac

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2002
Los Angeles
I new this was coming.

There was/is no way this company's going to release this consumer-based product early 2003. I would bet that there will be more delays in the release date, maybe 4th quarter 2003. AMD is up in the air right now -- job cuts, net loss two quarter in a row, no cash in the bank -- and I feel IBM's push into the consumer 64-bit chip market will be first.

However, if the AMD chips sale well, it could be a great push for the company -- and keep competition betweeen Intel burning.

ddtlm

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2001
Chad4Mac:

Not sure if this is what you are doing, but one must be very careful to not let favoritism for Apple bias all your views... for example believing that AMD will fail simply because they compete with Apple. That said, AMD's loss is Apple's gain. Intel will not compete so hard if AMD falls behind, and as we all can guess, that leaves room for Apple to look good.

Chad4Mac

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2002
Los Angeles
I didn't mention Apple once in my statement . Where did you get that impression?

Right now, AMD is competing with itself, just trying to keep sales stable if not up. My statements were based on the financial health of the company and its ability to follow through with its Hammer consumer chips. By negative outlook on the company has absolutly nothing to do Apple. Just look at their balance sheet...and thith quarter earnings...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.