Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 4, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Bikedeb
macrumors newbie

Can't get music back onto my phone

I synced my iPhone 3GS with my new mac computer and updated to the latest os version. I chose to backup everything to the cloud. My music is now in iTunes on my computer but I can't get it back on my phone. Someone suggested to go to the summary tab and get my backup from there but the only option is to backup to cloud. It apparently does this once a day. It doesn't give me any other option. Is there a way to just move it from iTunes onto the phone without trying to use the iCloud backup? Please help I've been trying for several days now.
Bikedeb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 03:34 PM   #2
verwon
macrumors 68030

iCloud backups don't save your music, anyway. You'll have to sync it from iTunes.
verwon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2012, 01:28 AM   #3
ObuckiO
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikedeb View Post
I synced my iPhone 3GS with my new mac computer and updated to the latest os version. I chose to backup everything to the cloud. My music is now in iTunes on my computer but I can't get it back on my phone. Someone suggested to go to the summary tab and get my backup from there but the only option is to backup to cloud. It apparently does this once a day. It doesn't give me any other option. Is there a way to just move it from iTunes onto the phone without trying to use the iCloud backup? Please help I've been trying for several days now.
Plug iphone into mac and go to itunes. go to the music tab on menu in itunes (phone window part) and sync library (all or manually pick songs), click sync music. The "Revert" choice is to put stuff back and forth from phone & computer. I think in the Summary menu, is where you check boX manually manage music. You can youtube this if i don't help you.
ObuckiO is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting