Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zaqfalcon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
My Apple TV no longer has a section in movies for the latest releases. I don't care that other people are renting mostly old kids films because they're on holidays. I just want to know what the newest movies available are.

Why, oh, why has this been removed?

Now I have to go to the Blockbuster website, see what their latest releases are and then search for them on the Apple TV. Very frustrating.

Whilst I'm on the subject, why aren't the 'In Theaters' trailers sorted by recency either? And why have things I put in my Wishlist ages ago stopped being available to rent and never come back eg Inception?

slothrob

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2007
I still have a New Releases and Recent Arrivals section under Movies on the aTV2.

Inception has probably been removed because whatever deal Apple had with the studio has run out. Perhaps it is now on HBO and they negotiated an exclusive agreement, or something similar.

Zaqfalcon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Perhaps this is an Australian thing because New Releases certainly does not appear on our ATV any more, urgh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.