Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christeeezy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Hi, so it is my understanding that it is normal to have zero or close to zero page outs. When I first read about that somewhere on this forum, I checked and was happy to see that my page outs were in fact zero.

Now, I just checked my activity monitor and saw this:

screenshot20120105at124.png

screenshot20120105at124.png

Does this automatically mean my memory went bad? Is there anything else I should look at or check?

For the record, my mbp has been running pretty choppy lately. Even as I type this out, the text stalls then continues after a few seconds.

Any suggestions?

Bernard SG

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
What the hell are you doing with Firefox to have it use 100% CPU 2.4 GB Memory :eek: ?!!!

christeeezy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
What the hell are you doing with Firefox to have it use 100% CPU 2.4 GB Memory :eek: ?!!!

Well, I have 11 sites set as "app tabs" which keep them tabbed 24/7, plus a bunch of random FF addons and site scripts through Greasemonkey.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Does this automatically mean my memory went bad? Is there anything else I should look at or check?
Page outs do not mean your memory is bad. Page outs are cumulative since your last restart, so the best way to check is to restart your computer and track page outs under your normal workload (the apps, browser pages and documents you normally would have open). If your page outs are significant (say 1GB or more) under normal use, you may benefit from more RAM.

Mac OS X: Reading system memory usage in Activity Monitor
For the record, my mbp has been running pretty choppy lately. Even as I type this out, the text stalls then continues after a few seconds.
Performance tips for Mac OS X

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.