Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manifest72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Hi,

I'm new to MacRumors and I've recently been learning how to code C++ with Xcode.

Every time I execute my programs, the directory of the program and date and time of execution, keeps on displaying.

Is there some way to stop the Terminal from displaying these things every time I execute a program?

A little background about my interface: I'm using Xcode 3.2.6 on Snow Leopard OSX.

Thanks

Last edited:

subsonix

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2008
Are you referring to the built in console in Xcode? If so you can change the output in the upper left corner drop down menu from, "All output" to "Target Output" (Xcode 4).

Manifest72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Are you referring to the built in console in Xcode? If so you can change the output in the upper left corner drop down menu from, "All output" to "Target Output" (Xcode 4).

I can't seem to find "Target output" in my version of Xcode (3.2.6). I've only just started programming C++ with Xcode, so I'm pretty new to Xcode and programming.

Here's an example of what is displayed for me on Terminal when I've executed a basic arithmetic program:

Last login: Thu Jan 5 22:03:43 on ttys001
new-host-2:~ Manifest$ /Users/Manifest/Desktop/Tutorial\ 3/build/Debug/Tutorial\ 3 ; exit;

Enter two numbers:
2 6
Sum = 8
logout

[Process completed]

To be clear, I'm trying to find a way to remove the bolded text from my programs.
I like to keep my executions clean. I'd rather prefer my directory to be hidden than displayed.

subsonix

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2008
I understood what you where trying to achieve. My suggestion does just that, however then you edited your post to add the fact that you use version 3.

I don't have v3 installed anymore, but I suggest you look around in preferences or search in the help menu in Xcode as this is a setting (if it's possible).

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
To be clear, I'm trying to find a way to remove the bolded text from my programs.
I like to keep my executions clean. I'd rather prefer my directory to be hidden than displayed.

The bolded text is not in your program. It's simply the system launching the shell to execute your program.

Manifest72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
I understood what you where trying to achieve. My suggestion does just that, however then you edited your post to add the fact that you use version 3.

I don't have v3 installed anymore, but I suggest you look around in preferences or search in the help menu in Xcode as this is a setting (if it's possible).

Yes, so far, I haven't found any "All Output" or "Target Output" in the 3.2.6 version.
Also, sorry for editing like that. I should've made the editing part clearer.

I'll keep looking, but in the end, I guess I'll have to get used to it.

The bolded text is not in your program. It's simply the system launching the shell to execute your program.

Understood. However, as stated before, I'm searching for a way to NOT include the info of the launch while I execute my program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.