Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:37 AM   #1
lillypie
macrumors newbie

Difference between camera roll and photostream.

What is the difference between camera roll and photo stream.
lillypie is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:25 AM   #2
RodThePlod
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillypie View Post
What is the difference between camera roll and photo stream.
The camera roll is actually on your device, whereas photo stream is in 'the cloud'.
  • If you take a picture on your iPhone it goes into your camera roll and is visible only on your iPhone.
  • If you have enabled photo stream, when you take a picture on your iPhone it's also copied to your photo stream and is instantly visible on your iPad, Mac, etc. as well as your iPhone.
Hope this helps,

RTP.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 02:21 AM   #3
troistrois
macrumors newbie

Well the difference between the two is....

Here is a link explaining photo stream: http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/photo-stream.html

Camera roll is simply the photos that you take with your camera
troistrois is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:38 AM   #4
kaydot
macrumors regular

I am also interested in photo stream but I don't understand the 1000 photo limit.

If I own an iPad, is there a software solution (iCloud or otherwise) that will synch photos in album format to the iPad so that I can see the photos offline?

It seems to me that Photo Stream is mostly for moving photos from iPhone to my Mac, which isn't the direction I want to go. I have a DSLR I take photos with that I want to make available on my iPad for offline use for showing to family and friends.
kaydot is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting