Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jan 7, 2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Gaprofitt
macrumors member

Keyboard case that locks the IPAD 2

Hi,

Not sure if I will do a good job explaining this, do any of the IPAD 2 Keyboard Cases actually lock the IPAD in place? In other words I don't want to just unfold/open the case and sit the ipad in a slot at a viewing angle, I want to open the keyboard and have the IPAD2 automatically move into a locking slot with the option to move it.

Hope that made sense..

Greg
Gaprofitt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:34 PM   #2
mortenandersen
macrumors 6502

The closest you can come is ZAGGfolio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaprofitt View Post
Hi,

Not sure if I will do a good job explaining this, do any of the IPAD 2 Keyboard Cases actually lock the IPAD in place? In other words I don't want to just unfold/open the case and sit the ipad in a slot at a viewing angle, I want to open the keyboard and have the IPAD2 automatically move into a locking slot with the option to move it.

Hope that made sense..

Greg
If your device not will be identical with a laptop (e.g. Air), perhaps the closest you can get is the ZAGGfolio? Or does anyone else know of some keyboard cases that in a higher degree will satisfy the OP's wishes?

Last edited by mortenandersen; Jan 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM.
mortenandersen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:11 PM   #3
Shield
macrumors member

The ClamCase

Click here ---> YouTube video of ClamCase

Shield is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 08:46 AM   #4
TonyK
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortenandersen View Post
If your device not will be identical with a laptop (e.g. Air), perhaps the closest you can get is the ZAGGfolio? Or does anyone else know of some keyboard cases that in a higher degree will satisfy the OP's wishes?
Just picked up the ZAGGFolio last night and do like the form factor of it. My wife had purchased the Apple Wireless Keyboard as a Christmas present for me and it went back un-opened. My desire was for a all-in-one solution combining case and keyboard.

The Clamshell case mentioned is okay but it is plastic for that $150 price. The ZAGGfolio is not plastic with the keys better spaced for touch typist.

I also agree the iPad2 is not a laptop replacement for all people. Some, yes; all NO.
TonyK is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories