Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

job

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
I thought it was interesting that his TiBook had 10.1.4....

Not 10.2 or even 10.1.5....

Interesting..

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by hitman
I thought it was interesting that his TiBook had 10.1.4....

Not 10.2 or even 10.1.5....

Interesting..

I would have turned around and brought it back and told them to update it, for free - that is weird.

Anyway, good press coverage overall :D

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
totally. over at fry's here in austn, TX, they have 10.1.3 on their macs, or did about 2 weeks ago. it's really stupid. but the ones at Comp USA have 10.2, so i am covered. it's so much smoother. gosh i need a mac.

[edit] i was just talking about the powebooks here BTW [/edit]

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
hahahaha... that's not a new reason! look at janie porche... "when was the last time your laptop got you a date?"

ah well. that's classic. those repetitious unix accolades get kind of.. repetitious...

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
I was in a wi-fi connected coffeeshop (lots of 'em here in NoCal) and noticed a man surfing on a Ti.

When I asked him what model it was, he said: "800. I got it a few months ago. I love it. I used to be a Unix guy, so..." Basically, the guy raved on about his new Mac, and all I asked him was a question about his processor.

Now that's a Mac-convert. ;)

job

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
When I was at the grand opening of the Houston Area Apple store, a bunch of *nix guys were drooling over the towers running Jag..

I've read that a lot of Linux/Unix guys are coming over to the Mac platform in droves..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.