Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yellowdevil84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
I have searched all over these forums to see if I could find someone with a similar problem but so far have not. I decided to go ahead and join so hopefully I can get my problem solved. I have a iPhone 4 Verizone 32 GB running iOS 5. It is also not jailbroken or has it ever been. Recently I had made a call and after I ended it I went to look at my phone and it had shut off. The problem I am running into is that my lock button is messed up so I can't do a reset. Also when I plug in into charge or to my computer for iTunes it will not register at all. My battery was probably between 90-100%. Could it be a loose connection with my battery? Also I can't really take it to an Apple store as the closest one to where I live is three hours away. It is still under warranty for another month but if it is something that I can fix on my own I would rather do so cause I would rather not have to mail off my phone and wait for however long that would take. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

JunkyDog

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
connect it to your computer, and do this: press power and home, and hold for 10 secs, let go of the power button, and hold home for another 20 secs, if you hear a sound from your computer, then its in DFU mode and will be rec in itunes, and start itunes, and let it do its job by restore it, and when done, restore from a backup if you have. I had to do this last night when mine all of a sudden shuts down, and woudnt re start no matter what i did, so i had to restore mine, and it worked for me, so it might work for you as well..

Yellowdevil84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I can't do that because my power/lock button is messed up and won't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.