Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
It will be interesting to see how big it ends up being. Could be anything from anouncing more widgets to an across the line processor update.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
mad jew said:
I think applemax meant that .Mac will be down during the keynote (10:00am Steve Jobs time) but I could have misinterpreted it.

Yep, you're right. It does say there's a scheduled maintenance at 10. Interesting to say the least. Very interesting.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
here's the blurb from the .mac homepage:

".Mac will be undergoing scheduled maintenance from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PST on Monday, June 6th. During this time iDisk will be intermittently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Last Updated: 6/03/2005"

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
m-dogg said:
here's the blurb from the .mac homepage:

".Mac will be undergoing scheduled maintenance from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PST on Monday, June 6th. During this time iDisk will be intermittently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Last Updated: 6/03/2005"

PST - so that's the same as the KeyNote, so maybe something will be announced...

D

shambolic

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2003
Staten Island, NY
xli_ne said:
Still going to be able to use my .mac email?
Well, as m-dogg noted, the blurb says that iDisk access may be intermittent, doesn't mention anything about email. So it should be fine...

But it doesn't hurt to know that http://webmail.mac.com often works fine during the (somewhat too frequent) occasions when the .mac homepage is flaky.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
virus1 said:
so exciting! if it is a big improvement, i may have to look into .mac..

I wonder if they are going to (finally) boost the standard storage capacity? iDisk will be down from time to time as they update to larger servers?

Also, I'm still waiting to see what the special .Mac widgets Apple talks about are supposed to be. Not that I'm even on tiger yet, just curious.

Just a few more hours...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
thread title= correct. something big is going to happen today.
thread content= i dont use .mac so yea :)

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
baummer said:
That's too speculative considering that Apple is based on PST, and their maintenance notices always reference PST.

But isn't from 10 - 12 the exact time that the keynote will be on?

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
killuminati said:
But isn't from 10 - 12 the exact time that the keynote will be on?

Yes it is. Something seems to definitely be happening with .Mac today. Why else would it be down for maintenance during the exact same time period as the keynote? I'm guessing that the combined storage gets increased to 2GB to match GMail and Yahoo...

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
.mac is in need of an overhaul. The homepage themes look really dated. I would love 2 email addresses.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Diatribe said:
Nothing, not even widgets. Kinda disappointing.
Hey, there is that Sims Body Shop demo. Maybe that took two hours to add.... :rolleyes:

I see nothing new of note either.

Toe

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2002
It is conceivable that they spent today adding capacity and/or features, but they planned the announcement of those additions later (tomorrow? Tuesdays are popular announcement days...). This would make sense just in case the additions didn't work... they would be SOL if they had already announced them....

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
jsw said:
Hey, there is that Sims Body Shop demo. Maybe that took two hours to add.... :rolleyes:

I see nothing new of note either.

woot. I didn't see that. Now I have a big pro more when it comes to convincing people .Mac is worth it.
:rolleyes:
The frequent maintenances are definitely server upgrades/updates but what for? I don't see idisk getting any faster...

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
They also didn't fix the errors .Mac subscribers are getting when trying to sync with Tiger's .Mac System Preference Pane.

.Mac login failed (when trying to access the "sync tab")
.Mac login failed to refreash account information (when trying to access the "advanced tab")

I haven't been able to sync in 30+ days and neither has a ton of other .Mac subscribers.

http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@@.68b12ca4

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
joshuawaire said:
They also didn't fix the errors .Mac subscribers are getting when trying to sync with Tiger's .Mac System Preference Pane.

.Mac login failed (when trying to access the "sync tab")
.Mac login failed to refreash account information (when trying to access the "advanced tab")

I haven't been able to sync in 30+ days and neither has a ton of other .Mac subscribers.

http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@@.68b12ca4

I guess/hope 10.4.2 will repair that... it better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.