Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeesy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Hey all, i appreciate this is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" type of question but i was wondering how difficult it is to learn Objective C.
I know it depends on many factors (dedication, time spent, current skills etc) but if anyone has some guidance it would be very helpful.

I'm a 31yr old Graphic Designer. i have ABSOLUTELY ZERO experience with ANY sort of coding. i might as well be looking at Egyptian hieroglyphics for all i know so i would be starting from the very beginning. I would typically spend a couple of hours 3 times a week learning, maybe more as i get into it.

Is my best bet to learn through books? (any recommendations?). I'm worried about booking a course as they usually assume you have at least some familiarisation with coding and would be worried about being left behind form the start.

Am i looking at month/years? How long until the fundamentals of coding 'click' and i start understanding what I'm doing?

Needless to say, i'm interested in moving into App development and know i will have to learn various other skills too. I just figured, objective C would be a good place to start.

Any thoughts or pointers would be much appreciated!

Cheers, Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.