Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
Mac users used to laugh at Windows' dependency on file extensions (like .doc) for file identification, now we need them.

We used to laud Stuffit over .zip files, now OS X makes .zip files natively, and .sit files are just annoying.

Even Steve laughed at low-end, consumer grade PCs... then he released the Mac mini.

Mac users praised SCSI over IDE/ATA, and now even Apple's enterprise-grade servers and RAIDs use ATA drives.

And Mac users laughed and laughed at Intel CPUs (math errors, overheating, CISC architecture, etc.)... so we get those too.

Careful what you mock next... unless you want it in your Mac. :p

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Toe said:

hahaha - AMD and their dual core CPUs, what are they thinking..... hahaha

Sorry, had to. I'm going to be really curious as to what Apple provides in its next version of the PowerMac - its hard to even guess at this point.

D

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Those silly PC users have to deal with windows which can be resized from more than just the lower right-hand corner.

How uncivilized! I hope we never need to do that.

Also, anyone else laugh at how dumb their laptops look with more than one trackpad mouse button?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
WinterMute said:
That PowerBook G5.... HAAAAAA Ha hahahaha....

Oh, wait, that's not really funny anymore is it?

Actually, I think its a lot more funny now.... ;)

D

Toe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
I sure wouldn't mind having a 2.13 GHz PowerBook... though never at the expense of the perfect form factor design of the current 12".

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Toe said:
I sure wouldn't mind having a 2.13 GHz PowerBook... though never at the expense of the perfect form factor design of the current 12".

I swear, it must be a LAW that Dell laptops have to be hideously ugly!
How else can you explain it?

/perfect brushed aluminum case, I love you!

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2005
Toe said:
Mac users used to laugh at Windows' dependency on file extensions (like .doc) for file identification, now we need them.

We used to laud Stuffit over .zip files, now OS X makes .zip files natively, and .sit files are just annoying.

Even Steve laughed at low-end, consumer grade PCs... then he released the Mac mini.

Mac users praised SCSI over IDE/ATA, and now even Apple's enterprise-grade servers and RAIDs use ATA drives.

And Mac users laughed and laughed at Intel CPUs (math errors, overheating, CISC architecture, etc.)... so we get those too.

Why? Everything we've mocked also made our Macs better when we got it. Frankly we need to mock more stuff, like the large PC software library.

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
I swear, it must be a LAW that Dell laptops have to be hideously ugly!
How else can you explain it?

/perfect brushed aluminum case, I love you!
I know, my Powerbook G4 12" 1.33 is the single best computer I've ever owned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.