Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Closed Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:51 AM   #1
complexcommunic
macrumors regular

Angry Is there any way to restore an OLD iPhone backup?

Basically, I deleted all my apps and can't restore them without losing data. The most recent backup in iTunes was made after the apps were deleted (**** iTunes!). But I made another backup a week ago, before this happened. I would really like to restore from THAT backup. I still see most of the files in the MobileSync folder, but it won't let me restore from them.

What can I do??

iPhone 4S iOS 5.0.1
complexcommunic is offline   0
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:08 AM   #2
wacky4alanis
macrumors 6502

iTunes has a nasty habit of deleting the previous backup every time it does a backup. If you really have an old backup intact, there is a way to restore from it. I forget the procedure, but I'm sure you can Google it. It's a good idea to manually go into your backup directory and manually copy it over to a new name once in a while. That way iTunes won't touch it, and you can use it in an emergency such as yours.

Here's a website that describes how to do it:

http://www.monkeedev.co.uk/blog/2010...hrough-itunes/

Last edited by wacky4alanis; Jan 12, 2012 at 09:14 AM.
wacky4alanis is offline   0
Old Mar 22, 2013, 02:32 AM   #3
jimmykimar
macrumors newbie

Assuming you have older backups:
Mac OS: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
Windows XP: %AppData%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
Windows Vista: %AppData%\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
Windows 7: %AppData%\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
Go onto iTunes, right click on your device on the left-hand side bar, and their should be an option 'Restore From Backup', or something similar, click that and it'll restore your iPhone to a previous backup.
jimmykimar is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting