Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:43 AM   #1
kat2611
macrumors newbie

Angry Ipod Touch stuck on apple logo after Jailbreak?

Well i used "Spirit" or something like that to jailbreak my ipod about 2 weeks ago, the jailbreak was succesful but the ipod was really slow and wouldnt download any apps or themes so i decided to restore it. It restored, and is now stuck on the apple logo screen and it has been two weeks.
The apple logo is on the black screen and theres the little loading symbol, and after it loads it just goes back to the apple logo,then the loading symbol comes up again!

Then in a few days it went dead (battery) so i charged it and as usual the charging red screen came up,then after it charged,it went back to the apple logo and wont do anything!

Ive tried pressing the home button and all the buttons together and everything and it dosent seem to work?
Heeeelllppp pleaseee!
My USB lead is broken so i only can charge it through mains.
kat2611 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:43 AM   #2
likethesoup2
macrumors 6502a

I've said it many times, but it bears repeating . . .

If we needed yet another reason NOT to jailbreak, ladies and gentlemen, here you have it.
likethesoup2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:51 PM   #3
Genosen
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat2611 View Post
Well i used "Spirit" or something like that to jailbreak my ipod about 2 weeks ago, the jailbreak was succesful but the ipod was really slow and wouldnt download any apps or themes so i decided to restore it. It restored, and is now stuck on the apple logo screen and it has been two weeks.
The apple logo is on the black screen and theres the little loading symbol, and after it loads it just goes back to the apple logo,then the loading symbol comes up again!

Then in a few days it went dead (battery) so i charged it and as usual the charging red screen came up,then after it charged,it went back to the apple logo and wont do anything!

Ive tried pressing the home button and all the buttons together and everything and it dosent seem to work?
Heeeelllppp pleaseee!
My USB lead is broken so i only can charge it through mains.
Let e het this straight, you went to itunes and restored it right? When i did so the first time it downloaded the files succesfully but put on the the loop like yours did, what you need to do is put your ipod into restore mode again, and it will continue the restoration process,
Genosen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:29 PM   #4
Nickyjoe
macrumors newbie

The best way, in my opinion, is to download redsn0w, open the program, click extras, then just boot. Follow the instructions, and your iOS device should run fine. Hope this helps!

And from now on, don't restart the iPod with sleep button, or let it run dry, if this happens, do these instructions again. If you must restart, Go to cydia, and download winter board. Now, if you need to restart, run application, turn summer board mode off then back on, and click respring in the top right corner. This will do the trick
Hope this helps!
Nickyjoe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:16 AM   #5
Invincibilizer
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by likethesoup2 View Post
I've said it many times, but it bears repeating . . .

If we needed yet another reason NOT to jailbreak, ladies and gentlemen, here you have it.
You are missing out on alot.
Invincibilizer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch