Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:29 PM   #1
sviato
macrumors 68020

iPhone Doesn't Receive Calls or Texts

I was in a class today where I had no service but was on my school's Wifi. When I left class and went outside I got service again and was able to call my dad. When I got home my dad told me that he called me after that but the line was busy.

So I tired calling myself from my home phone and there's no dial tone and the phone doesn't ring. My dad sent me a text too and I haven't gotten it. I've tried turning it off and doing a hard reset. I had 5 bars of service and 3G and can make calls but incoming calls/texts won't come through.

Anyone have any idea of what to do?
sviato is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:34 PM   #2
verwon
macrumors 68030

Call your carrier.
verwon is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:35 PM   #3
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

I'd do a quick reboot of the phone, have someone call you, and go from there. Could have been a software hiccup, or even a carrier hiccup.
lordofthereef is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:37 PM   #4
dtbratt
macrumors 6502

Try reseting your network settings as well?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:42 PM   #5
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Got any other Micro-SIM cards that you could chuck in your phone to test it? Then you could see if its your phone, your SIM card or your carrier.
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:45 PM   #6
cynics
macrumors 604

Call or visit your carrier. If he got a busy signal that is prob something to do with your service. Let us know what you find.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:12 PM   #7
sviato
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbratt View Post
Try reseting your network settings as well?
This didn't work either.

Called my carrier and the rep reset network settings on her end and told me to turn off the phone for a minute. However, she also went to check with a tech who told her that there are currently some network problems in Ontario. She said to turn off 3G and fall back to Edge and things should be fine.

That's great except I can't turn off just 3G on the 4S, can only turn off data altogether. With data completely off the call is no longer busy but goes straight to my voicemail and I'm still not getting any texts.

Guess I have to wait until the carrier sorts things out :/

edit: even though the rep said the 3G network was having issues, I can still access the internet with it on :S trying to find my other sim to try in the phone

Last edited by sviato; Jan 12, 2012 at 06:18 PM.
sviato is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:34 PM   #8
Heebeejeebies
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sviato View Post
I was in a class today where I had no service but was on my school's Wifi. When I left class and went outside I got service again and was able to call my dad. When I got home my dad told me that he called me after that but the line was busy.

So I tired calling myself from my home phone and there's no dial tone and the phone doesn't ring. My dad sent me a text too and I haven't gotten it. I've tried turning it off and doing a hard reset. I had 5 bars of service and 3G and can make calls but incoming calls/texts won't come through.

Anyone have any idea of what to do?
If there's no dial tone on your home phone, it's a problem with your home phone...

If you're not receiving calls from a working phone, then you should call your service provider

-EDIT-

Wow, I was really late on that one... Sorry.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone