Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Artep
macrumors newbie

i'm Watch

Apple i'm watching your Nano become obsolete. Are you?
http://www.imwatch.it/us-en/
Artep is offline   -3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:38 PM   #2
chrf097
macrumors 68030

Well considering the i'm Watch is designed to be an assistant to using your smartphone where as the nano is designed to be a portable music player....I don't see any decent comparisons.

chrf097 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:56 PM   #3
Votekinky06
macrumors 6502

Too big to wear comfortably, too small to read from a distance, and complete with a price tag that makes it out of reach for most consumers. You're right, Apple's probably shaking in their boots.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:15 PM   #4
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

interesting idea. but i doubt anything like this will take off in a big way.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:34 PM   #5
Artep
macrumors newbie

It's a battle for the wrist.

Maybe this is why Apple is sending out their 6G Nano as a replacement for the 1G. They're staking out a claim on the new territory. Smart move.
Artep is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:29 AM   #6
Arran
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artep View Post
I watched the video on the website. Italy has an enviable reputation for design, but that thing is an ugly monstrosity. And it's HUGE!

I see it appealing to teenage geeks. I really can't see it being taken up by the suave and stylish sophisticates shown in the video.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:57 PM   #7
Artep
macrumors newbie

What a difference a decade makes

Now people don't mind having wires running out their ears, but wear something on their wrists ... never.
Artep is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:17 PM   #8
someone28624
macrumors 6502a

I don't wear a watch. Because I have an iPhone. I can't really see people using this. Too small, and no real advantage over a smart phone.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:22 PM   #9
AlphaDogg
macrumors 68040

How do you type on it?
AlphaDogg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:52 PM   #10
Prof.
macrumors 601

People still wear watches...?
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:00 PM   #11
Artep
macrumors newbie

You don't type, you speak into it.

Being a grumpy old man, I can't stand watching people paying more attention to their phones than the people their with. It's rude behavior. If you had the thing on your wrist, you could quickly push an "i'm busy call you back" button w/o reaching into your pocket and interrupting your current conversation.

Seriously, you kids need to focus!
Artep is offline   -3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:20 PM   #12
jj48
macrumors regular

Quote:
Wow is anyone else thinking they might as well have called it the iWatch and called it a day.

Seriously apple's IP lawyers should have a field day with this product. Then again it probably doesn't infringe patents. It just shamelessly imitates an apple product (slightly), apple advertising (slightly more) and apple product names (loads).
jj48 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:23 PM   #13
Votekinky06
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj48 View Post
Wow is anyone else thinking they might as well have called it the iWatch and called it a day.

Seriously apple's IP lawyers should have a field day with this product. Then again it probably doesn't infringe patents. It just shamelessly imitates an apple product (slightly), apple advertising (slightly more) and apple product names (loads).
It's probably not worth the legal costs, they'll fall flat on their faces without any help from apple.
Votekinky06 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:38 AM   #14
Bear807
macrumors member

view photo and check weather on the screen on watch. Why not take the damn phone out of the pocket, is just a matter of seconds
Bear807 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:56 AM   #15
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Maybe this is why Apple is sending out their 6G Nano as a replacement for the 1G. They're staking out a claim on the new territory. Smart move.
A far more likely explanation is that they just ran out of refurbished first gens.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:01 PM   #16
TuiSong
macrumors regular

Aside from how huge and chunky this thing looked on the wrist, did anyone notice how awkward the models were all looking while using it? With their arm held up high to bring the watch up to mid chest, or even eye level, and then having to hold it up there. This has seriously made me reconsider getting a watch strap for my nano, I dunno if they were just over acting with the body movements in order to showcase the product more though. Do any nano watch users here actually hoist their arm up high like that?
TuiSong is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 03:09 PM   #17
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

Fit something like this into a Nano and have it interface with my iPhone and we've got a sale...

I'm not sure if I was understanding right... is this device the phone itself or an extension of a phone?

I would love if the new Nano (or if they make an Android watch that can talk to iOS) used BT 4.0 to communicate between itself and my iPhone. I would need it as an extension of a bluetooth headset where I can plug in my headset, control my music that I have playing/stored on my iPhone (FFWD, REW, PLAY/PAUSE) and still carry the info on the screen, it should also extend the headset controls as a secondary control scheme, Email/Text message reader would be nice... but would only be able to be replied to using Siri and some good alarm features for the calender I have set on my iPhone.

That's my dream Nano Watch.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:22 PM   #18
danahn17
macrumors 6502

With a watch that big, you'd might as well just duct tape an iPhone to your wrist
danahn17 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:32 AM   #19
Artep
macrumors newbie

Yes, but it will get smaller. I think the Nano is about the ideal size ... just big enough to use and with the right band it can be attractive.
Artep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:55 PM   #20
Carlanga
macrumors 601

Quote:
Being a grumpy old man, I can't stand watching people paying more attention to their phones than the people their with. It's rude behavior. If you had the thing on your wrist, you could quickly push an "i'm busy call you back" button w/o reaching into your pocket and interrupting your current conversation.

Seriously, you kids need to focus!
lol, I know we all want to be 00 agents , but that doesn't mean it's the best way to answer a call. For that you could have just pressed any button on your phone w/out taking it out of your pocket.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:41 AM   #21
Artep
macrumors newbie

Not on my phone

I'm old school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlanga View Post
lol, I know we all want to be 00 agents , but that doesn't mean it's the best way to answer a call. For that you could have just pressed any button on your phone w/out taking it out of your pocket.
Artep is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod