Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jun 7, 2005, 11:25 AM   #1
tobefirst
macrumors 68030

Photoshop Duotone from selection possible?

Is there a way to make a Duotone image with a selected part of the image, say a PMS red, and the other parts a different PMS? If I just do straight Duotone, then the red and the other color are mixed throughout the image. I want the red on one side, and another color everywhere else. Possible?
tobefirst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2005, 11:35 AM   #2
decksnap
macrumors 68030

I haven't done this recently but if you're talking about true duotones for printing's sake, I think this needs to be done through your channels. You add channels for the different spot colors and paste certain parts of your compostion into the appropriate channels. (Then remove the C, M, Y, and if necessary K channels.)
Old Jun 7, 2005, 11:40 AM   #3
tobefirst
macrumors 68030

I think I may have just figured it out just as I got the message that you had responded. Thanks for your help. (:

That didn't end up working, or at least I couldn't get it to, but I found a way by duplicating grayscale channels...

Last edited by tobefirst; Jun 7, 2005 at 11:46 AM.
tobefirst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2005, 11:20 PM   #4
MontyZ
Banned

To apply a duotone effect to only part of an image, convert the duotone image to Multichannel mode this converts the duotone curves to spot channels. You can then erase part of the spot channel for areas that you want printed as standard grayscale.
MontyZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics