Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:25 AM   #1
velvin
macrumors newbie

A file on my desktop that I can't delete or move! Help!

After plugging in someone else's external harddrive (I just wanted to transfer some picture files over to my Macbook), a file named "client node" appeared on my desktop. It is shown as a blank file, opens to a blank folder, and displays nothing if you right click and view "Get Info". If I attempt to delete it by dragging it to the Trash, it displays an error message: "The item 'client node' cannot be moved to the Trash because it cannot be deleted." If I right click on it, there is no option to delete the file.

How do I go about in removing this file thing?
velvin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 03:07 AM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

You can't empty the Trash or move a file to the Trash
Solving Trash Problems
Can't move files to trash
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro