Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Andreas0
macrumors newbie

iPhone 3GS stuck in infinite reboot loop

Hi

Today my iPhone 3GS ran out of power, and i charged it via the wall plug. After it was turned on, it started reboot every couple of minutes, and has done this for hours now. I tried shutting it down and starting it again but that didn't help. I also tried pressing and holding both the Home and Power buttons until the phone restarts. It hasn't been jailbroken or anything like that. It runs iOS 5.0.1.
Any suggestions for what i can do to fix this problem?
Andreas0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:34 PM   #2
Crystal-RX
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas0 View Post
Hi

Today my iPhone 3GS ran out of power, and i charged it via the wall plug. After it was turned on, it started reboot every couple of minutes, and has done this for hours now. I tried shutting it down and starting it again but that didn't help. I also tried pressing and holding both the Home and Power buttons until the phone restarts. It hasn't been jailbroken or anything like that. It runs iOS 5.0.1.
Any suggestions for what i can do to fix this problem?
Put it in DFU mode and restore it.
Crystal-RX is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting