Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:07 PM   #1
iLegend
macrumors newbie

Jailbreaking Redsn0w - iPod touch 4G.

Hello, ok i tried to jailbreak my iDevice with redsn0w all the ******** tutorials on youtube failed..

I have version 5.1 - 9B176, and can't get my ******* device on jailbreak mode.
Redsn0w version:
redsn0w_win_0.9.10b6

This is what it stays:
Exploiting with Limera1n..
Uploading First Stage...
Exploit Failed.

What da *******? i've tried now about 3 times reinstalling my iTunes and i restored my ipod 3 times!

Can i get a bit help, im so ****ing pissed off..
iLegend is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:54 PM   #2
ZZ Bottom
macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking we ought to try a different version. I just tried twice to JB via Redsn0w 9.10b6 on my iPhone 4 running 5.0.1

I get further than you, but every time after the prompts on the iPhone itself, it reboots and Cydia is no where to be found.

Redsn0w apparently is way too unreliable for iOS 5, even after 6 updates.
ZZ Bottom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:12 PM   #3
ZZ Bottom
macrumors 6502a

Okay, so I found that by unchecking the option for multi-touch gestures, it actually progressed to the rest of the installation.

So if you had tried it with that checked, try again without it.

Also, you may need to downgrade to 5.0.1. I believe there is no untethered jailbreak for 5.1 right now.
ZZ Bottom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:14 PM   #4
labman
macrumors 604

1st I would ask questions about jailbreaking ipods in the ipod hack section. http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115 2nd Iclarfied has the best tutorials for jailbreaking imo ipods is here. http://www.iclarified.com/tutorials/ipodtouch/index.php no 5.0.1 is longer being signed by apple I'm not up to sate it the ipod 4g requires shsh blobs I presume it does.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks