Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Chucktownwhat
macrumors member

Slim Leather Case

Looking for a leather case that snaps onto the back of the iPad 2. I really like the Vaja Libretto but the price is a little high. I am like the snap on opposed to the cases that cover the front of the iPad.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:53 PM   #2
bjpad2
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucktownwhat View Post
Looking for a leather case that snaps onto the back of the iPad 2. I really like the Vaja Libretto but the price is a little high. I am like the snap on opposed to the cases that cover the front of the iPad.
I am trying a Maroo case right now. I think it has the best attachment to the ipad and very good protection. I don't think it adds very much thickness but it is thicker than a lot of cases.

Chinao, STM Skinny, Khomo, Marware MicroShell Folio, Toblino 2, Icarer are all cases that might be what you want. They have all been discussed at one time or another in this forum.
bjpad2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:41 PM   #3
batman75
macrumors 6502

The best slim leather case is the Melkco Slimme. I have been using this for a while and I really like it a lot.
batman75 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 05:50 AM   #4
jacob11
Banned

Recently i bought my iPad case from here http://www.cellularfactory.com/find/index.php. Here i got quality accessories in less price.
jacob11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 06:06 AM   #5
richro
macrumors newbie

Yoobao iSlim also seems nice. Wish there were more reviews so I could pull the trigger on it.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:15 PM   #6
lee14160
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangloboy View Post
I like the following ones as they are really cool, full light protection, works as a smart cover, flip case + stand and comes with removable strap so you can carry it around!

http://www.acekard.ca/Shocking-Faux-...ack_p_103.html
or for more: http://www.acekard.ca/iPad-Accessories_c_21.html

If you want GENUINE leather then you can check this one - looks fancy!

http://www.acekard.ca/Letique-Smart-...ack_p_106.html
or nice pure leather sleeves:

http://www.acekard.ca/Letique-Soft-L...ack_p_101.html

also this place has cool ones:

http://www.mygamingcard.net/14-ipad-2-cases

Thanks!
Nice way to get free advertizing. . .
Old May 5, 2012, 02:45 PM   #7
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman75 View Post
The best slim leather case is the Melkco Slimme. I have been using this for a while and I really like it a lot.
Can you show some photos of this case? Always good to see a real photo rather than the advertising one.
Nhwhazup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 11:09 PM   #8
batman75
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhwhazup View Post
Can you show some photos of this case? Always good to see a real photo rather than the advertising one.
Their US distributor doesn't have it yet. Am still waiting for it to arrive.
Old May 7, 2012, 03:45 AM   #9
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman75 View Post
Their US distributor doesn't have it yet. Am still waiting for it to arrive.
Your previous post says that you've been using the Melko case for a while. Did you have a former version and are just waiting for your new one?

In either case, please share photos and your opinion again once your new one arrives..
Old May 8, 2012, 04:13 AM   #10
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Jisoncase replacemnt hopefully coming

I have spoken and shared a photo of a leather Jisoncase that I had received with yucky spotting and uneveness in the leather. I sent a couple of e-mails back and forth to the vendor and ended up sending it back. The vendor had a better idea of what I was talking about when he received it back and has responded saying that the case is definitely not usual and his others don't look bad like the one I received. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the replacement case will be of good quality. I really like the feel of the leather and the design of the Jisoncase. The leather is treated so it doesn't appear it will pick up every fingerprint. I'm really hoping for a good replacement. If so, this may be my favorite thin leather case. Not high end like the Vaja but a reasonable price and good design.

I'll update further once I get my replacement.
Old May 8, 2012, 06:23 PM   #11
batman75
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhwhazup View Post
Your previous post says that you've been using the Melko case for a while. Did you have a former version and are just waiting for your new one?

In either case, please share photos and your opinion again once your new one arrives..
I have the iPad 2 version from my previous iPad. I like it a lot. Search for Melkco slimme on this forum and you will find the pictures and review.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories