Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jest3r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Can you please remove the auto play videos on the main page? It is a nightmare to have five different videos play when you visit the page and have to scroll down, find each one, and then pause them.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Can you please remove the auto play videos on the main page? It is a nightmare to have five different videos play when you visit the page and have to scroll down, find each one, and then pause them.

none of the videos are set to auto-play. Check your browser/plugin settings.

arn

Jest3r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
I'm using Safari 5.1.2, the only plugin I have installed is ClickToFlash 2.6, and I'm definitely getting auto play videos.

After looking closer, click to flash is converting the flash videos to HTML5 and the HTML5 videos are the ones that are auto playing. I'll just add mac rumors to the allow flash list and that should correct the issue.

Jest3r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
The 'Load Media Player Automatically' option on the Media Player tab of ClickToFlash was the problem. I once again have peace and quiet on the main page. :D

Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.