Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjb.butler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Southern California
I'm so tired of this question. I know that people are always saying "you don't need to jailbreak anymore"
"what's the point"
"blah blah blah"

So I thought I'd list the apps that I've downloaded that I think greatly improve the iOS experience, and are the reason I jailbreak:

-SB Settings: having to dig into the menu is a pain
-Fake carrier name: this one is gimmicky, but cool
-Five icon switcher: I like being able to see an extra app in the multitasking window
-Folder closer: I hate that folders stay open after you use an app (does this in android too)
-Icon re-namer: sometimes developer choose names that are either silly, too long, or too short
-5 icons in the dock
-Activator: add shortcuts to commands using gestures/hard buttons
-Winterboard: I understand many of you don't like themes, but I think it's cool to customize your device.

That's just the free stuff that I've downloaded so far. Paid apps I'm gonna buy:
-PDANet: I pay for unlimited data, I want to use it.
-IntelliscreenX: no need to say more
-BiteSMS: the stock messaging app is beyond limited.
-Adblock for Safari
-Call bar: status bar notification for calls so I'm not interrupted
-iFile: file manager.
-Infinifolders: only 12 apps in a folder? really? C'mon

There's probably so many more I'm forgetting... Feel free to add to the list :D

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
springtomize 2 covers most of the tweaks above. try that. worth the $0.99, especially you can tinker with the animation speed to make your phone feels faster when browsing menus.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
You do realize those that make such "awesome and useful" threads asking stupid questions won't stop right...... They will never stop feeling the need to start threads that have no point. It's what attention whores do, they crave it.

I JB for
sbsettings
gridlock
mywi
my3g
5 icon dock/spring board
multi icon mover
iBlacklist
That app
cydelete
folder enhancer
grid tab for safari

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

aleni said:
springtomize 2 covers most of the tweaks above. try that. worth the $0.99, especially you can tinker with the animation speed to make your phone feels faster when browsing menus.

Pretty awesome app. Its like an all in one app. It has most things in it.

icefrog

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2011
Lebanon
PasswordPilot - not a major tweak, but beats putting your Apple ID password each time.

Celeste - a Bluetooth file transfer.

Spire - do I really need to explain?

WeeFlashlight for Notification center - adds a quick flashlight access right from the NC.

Zephyr - useful swipe multitasking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.