Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:15 AM   #1
GenTro87
macrumors newbie

Display driver problem on Win7

Hello users,

For a short time I have this strange problem with Win7 :
''Display Driver NVidia Windows Kernel Mode, Version 262.41 stopped responding and has succesfully recovered.''
It started just one day after installing the game ''Shogun 2 Total War''.
I played the game fluently for one day and there were no issues until the next day some flickering and bsod occured during the game.
After the restart flickering seconds later bsod occur again....So my only option was to change to Mac OS again.
Yes I know that many other Boot Camp users have the same problem and have solved it and I tried so many things and am tired of it now.

I changed the Power Options in Control Panel, I created a ''Dword'' in Regedit and changed the value to 8, I looked into the Nvidia Control Panel and tried to solve it - but the flickering with the ''Display Driver'' message still occured. My last hope was to clear the partition and reinstall Windows 7 again, download all the latest Windows updates and install Boot Camp 4.0 from the beginning but some hours later the same problem again and again.
I hope someone can help me.

MacBookPro5,2
Intel Core 2 Duo 2,8Ghz
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2

Bootcamp 4.0
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
GenTro87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac